CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Day We have all Been Waiting for...

The post you have all been waiting for. Kiarrah is Now officially one of us by name. She has always been one in our heart but now it is official. A dream has finally come true. Let me start off by saying that I couldn't sleep at all Thursday night. I was so afraid that we would wake up and someone would be too sick (Kiarrah and Reynaldo both have strep throat or a virus but are on antibotics) or that we would get a call that court was canceled. I just was so full of fear that something would make this day not happen.
Kiarrah woke up that morning announcing that "Today was her special Day". She kept asking who all was gonna be there and would get excited with each person we said. I was beyond amazed with the amount of support and love we received. We were accompanied by 15 additional people that were family and friends. The judge was amazed and said that was the most people she had ever seen come out for an adoption finalization. There is also 5 in our family so we filled the courtroom. She was brought to tears and I believe she felt the presence of God as we gathered together for this joyous event. It was different for her than most adoptions. Even our attorney was moved by it all. Kiarrah was quite the young lady answering the judges questions. Everyone awwed when she answered who she was sitting by when she said my mommy, daddy and my brothers. When Dominic was asked if he wanted a sister he said no. That just proved how much of a real family we are. Typical answer from a typical brother LOL. It was funny because they chose to ask my husband all the birthday and birth places questions that he just had no clue about. That brought much laughter in the courtroom. Finally the lawyer moved that she would present the answers and he could confirm. He was so nervous. I was so full of emotion that it was hard to hold back the tears. I just thought so much about how God put my family together the way he did. I thought a lot about how the birth mother would feel. It was such a roller coaster of emotion. We ended the session with pictures. I will be sure to post some later. We also saw so many of the Divisions employees that we have worked with throughout the years that joined us to celebrate. In a way this was the ideal location because it is where it all began those 8 years ago when we became foster parents. We had many visitations, and evals and appointments there. Now a final closure of the road of fostercare and adoption. We went out to eat to a DELICIOUS diner afterward with some people to celebrate. It was wonderful!!! She received many heartfelt gifts that she will treasure always.
We ended the evening with a houseful of people and cake and pizza(kiarrahs favorite food) I wish my family could have been out for this but I know that we were in their thoughts all day. It would have been the icing on the cake. Kiarrah was surround by those that love her and support our family. What more could we ask for. Thank you to all who were there. We love you all.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Oh what a wonderous, glorious report. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Susan

Trella said...

How wonderful. It sounds like it was a very special time and day. I am glad all went well.

Connie said...

Congratulations to you all!

Tamara said...

How awesome! Congratulations! Your family is truly beautiful! Thank you for sharing your life! ;)

Lori said...

Congratulations!! What a special day!! What a sweet celebration! I'm now looking forward to our adoption finalizations - hopefully soon!!

Kari said...

Congratulations! We are celebrating with you!! ~Kari

Soltana said...

YAY...can't wait to see pics of her "special day"

JuJu - said...

Your family is so amazing!!

thanks for all the support you have given me!

keep in touch:)

Julia:)

Desiree's Daily Life said...

Jennifer that is truly awesome. I know that you and Jim have been waiting forever (along with Kiarrah) for this big day to happen for your family. God was there, through his timing (the right judge and so forth) He used Kiarrah's special day to make a HUGE impact on so many lives. PTL! I am so happy that Kiarrah is now "officially" a Bishop, I know that she was always one by heart but now on paper too. I pray that God will use her (and her brothers...and new little sister) for his Glory and give them each gifts to use to accomplish that. God is just so great and I can see His hand upon your family so much. I am often in awe of how much you and Jim both give as God has called you too, and how He in return blesses you and your family. You are an inspiration to all of us around you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.