CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Heartfelt Poem

Someone recently posted this on a mommy list that I am on and it always touches me when I read it. I am not sure who the author is but it is so beautifully written. I hope it touches someone out there like it did me.
Before I Go To Sleep…
Mommy, don't you cry now and Daddy don't you weep.I want to whisper something before I go to sleep. I know that when I came here I looked perfect in every way. And you were so proud, Daddy; when you held me on that day. Mommy, when you kissed me and wrapped me up so tight, I knew that I belonged here and everything was right. But then there was concern about developmental delay, I saw your worried faces as you knelt by me to pray. Mommy, I always notice how you wipe away a tear, When you watch the other children as they run and laugh and cheer. I may not be able to tell you how much I love you so, Or even show you how I feel and what I really know. But when you hold me, Mommy, at night when all is still, I feel the love you have for me and I know that all is well. And Daddy, when you take me to the park to run and playI know that you still love me though the words I cannot say. I want to tell you something before I go to sleep. I may be sort of distant and you may not understand, I know that I am not that little child that you and Daddy planned. But I love you both so very much and I know you love me too, And if I could only speak my heart, you would feel my love for you. I know the future is unknown and you will always have to be, The ones who love and listen and take good care of me. I know that you are frightened and you shed so many tears, And if I could I'd wipe them dry and take away your fears. So Mommy, don't you cry now and Daddy please don't weep. I want to say…I love you both, before I go to sleep.
Author Unknown

0 comments: