CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Happy Mother's Day for Real?

How was every one's Mother's Day? Mine was low key. I did manage to sleep in until 9 am on Sunday and so I went to the second church service which is not my norm. I usually prefer the first service because it is not as crowded and it seems to have a more personal feel to it. This week it was not crowded because more people went to the first so they could get to dear old moms sooner. We went to our favorite diner for lunch and had to get back so my husband could sing in the 3 rd service.
My husband did surprise me on Saturday with a really pretty shirt he had picked out and the kids brought me flowers from school and homemade cards.
I did have one idiotic damper to my day. I had a woman come up to me and Wish me Happy Mother's Day FOR REAL. She said I am not officially a mother. Hold up sweetheart. I was a mother the moment I held my eldest in my arms. She had no tack and left me staring after her in disgust. I know I know, great Christian attitude but when I told her I was a mom when I got my first son, her reply was Well know you know what it really means to be a Mother. Believe me, it upset me but I took it as a grain of salt and concerned the source.

1 comments:

Lori said...

OH MY STARS! I think I would have popped her one!! Yikes!! It doesn't take someone to have a child to make them Momma!! I'm so sorry you had to endure that!