CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Refreshing Weekend

I did manage to go back to sleep yesterday for a few hours. It was so weird. After reading my baby book I feel better. It is normal and I am starting to nest. I feel like I have to start getting everything ready. I still have so much to do but really need to take it easy with being a bed rest. Thank God it is modified and I don't have to literally stay in bed. I would go crazy.
Jim and I had a nice relaxing weekend. The kids went to stay with Dominic's Godmother since Friday. We were originally supposed to go out of town for a wedding but with the way I have been feeling and getting so tired and then with the bed rest we decided to just stay local. The price of gas out here helped us make that decision too. Friday night we dropped them off and then went to see the twins. We had a nice relaxing visit and then had Dairy Queen for Dinner LOL. We are bad I know. I had a banana split blizzard and it was awesome.
Saturday we did laundry and went looking for some shorts for me. It is just so hot and I need something cooler to wear. It is so hard to find plus size maternity clothes. I would buy plus size clothing but they fit so big everywhere else if I go up a size and I don't want to look sloppy. This way I can consign my clothes of sell them on eBay when I am done with them. I did find 3 pairs at the outlet mall by me. It was sad because I only had the energy to go into two stores. I hate that because I love to shop. I felt like such a party pooper to my husband.
Saturday night we went out to dinner with some friends that we have not been able to see in a long time. We had an awesome time. They treated us to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Ki's adoption and my pregnancy. It was yummy and nice a quiet with no children around.
Today we slept in until 10 and picked up the kiddos. They were a handful and a good form of birth control for a newly married couple. :) Their reaction when we came and got the kids was the same reaction we had when we dropped them off. I love my kids but sometimes you just need a break to refresh and recharge. I am so blessed to have people in my life that can see when we need help and they step forward.
Today the kids are definitely giving us a hard time. I guess they missed us. LOL Oh well this too shall pass. Guess who is going to bed early? We have a BBQ to go to tomorrow. I need to figure out what I am going to take.
I hope it isn't too hot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a nice weekend. I am however, bothered by one thing. Why would you drop off your kids with someone else, then go visit someone else's kids? Did your kids know that you went to see the twins? Maybe your kids ARE punishing you!!! If I were your kids, I would think that you cared about someone else more than you do them. I mean, put yourself in their place...Shakita

Anonymous said...

Puzzling?? A person who wants to be know as "anonymous" writes and starts off sounding nice (but very sarcastic as you read the post further).
Let me start by stating who I am before I comment on this comment.
I'm the father of these 3 beautiful children being refered too. I love my children and would not drop them off with someone just to go visit other children. That was not the reason, we planned this weekend orginally, to be spent as part of our aniversary getaway (13yrs). My children would not punish us nor would we them. It sounds to me like you have deep rooted issues and almost sound like your upset with my wife (Which would mean she knows you by another name?!). Sincerely, Jim

Anonymous said...

I am a friend to this family and I can't understand how you could even say such a thing. You obviously have never met them nor do you know how devoted they are to their children. They are awesome parents who love there kids. They very rarely get away as a couple and get a break but when they do they deserve it. You sound like a very bitter person who obviously has no kids yourself.
Lisa

Tamara said...

You are a fabulous mother and a wonderful woman. Anymous has no idea...GET A GRIP!!! :) Love and hugs, Tamara

Desiree's Daily Life said...

I have never met Jim or Jennifer in person, but I love them dearly. They are the most devoted parents I know. I feel so strongly about this that Jennifer is my son's Godmother and Jim by marriage is therefore my son's Godfather. I wouldn't have trusted them with such a special place in my son's life if I thought or felt that they took their duties as parents lightly at all. It is an honor for our family to have them in such a special compacity. I have known Jennifer for almost 10 years, she is a woman of great integrity and she has grown in her relationship with Christ 3 folds over those years. She is a gleaming example of Christ likeness, she doesn't comfrom to the way that others feel she should, she conforms to the way that God calls her too. They have been blessed by God with 3 beautiful children and another one on the way. How dare you insult their parenting skills, you need to look deep in your heart and see your own hardened heart before you start throwing darts of anger at others. Jennifer is in a very delicate condition and doesn't need people like you upsetting her. If you mess with her, your going to have to mess with me, I am her Sister At Heart and I will bend over backwards to protect her.