CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

No Turning Back

I think I am going through a change in my life. God is changing things but for the better or should I say that I am finally allowing Him too. I am so tired of compromising my beliefs and morals to be accepted by others. I have done it for years to please friends or should I say people who I thought were my friends. It amazes me how eventually you find out who your true friends are. I want to be transparent. A what you see is what you get kind of friend. I recently read a quote on Kari's blog that really struck me. "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " Dr. Suess. It is so true. We get wrapped up in fitting in and conforming. We are only hurting ourselves in the end because we then become someone we are not. I spent years being friends with people who would curse and and not live a life of Christ yet would claim to be Ultimate Christians. I am not talking about people who aren't Christians. It is those people who know better. It is a hypocrisy. They live two different lives. I am by no means claiming to be a perfect Christian because that is so far from the Truth. I am no longer going to sit back and allow people to corrupt the Christian Faith in my presence. The gossipping, foul mouths, and negativity about My Lord and Savior. I am going to only surround myself with people who are not Joy Robbers, people who walk what they talk and those that live a life glorifying God. I want to Shine for Him. I want people to see something in me that they want. I want them to have my peace! I want unbelievers to see that I can truly love them. There is no turning back now.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Jennifer - Thank you SO much for coming back and participating in the one word that describes you in the Body of Christ. AND also doing your husbands. I really do appreciate it.

I love your post today!!!! Boy, if this were true of EVERY Christian just think what this Body of Christ could do!!! I so firmly agree with what you said

"I am going to only surround myself with people who are not Joy Robbers, people who walk what they talk and those that live a life glorifying God. I want to Shine for Him."
:o) Susan

Anonymous said...

Amen and Amen you just said what my hearts cry to the Lord is. Let you shine through me... let me die...and you shine. There is absolutly nothing in this world more important to me then trying my best to live the life that Paul talks about in the book of Acts. It is so amazing to me that the day that I finished reading that book my Pastors started reteaching it to us. Talk about God leading the body in one direction.... My spirit craves His presense so much more now then at any other time in my life. So Jen I am with you.. I have decided No turning back the cross before me the world behind me no turning back !!!!!

Lisa