CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Hot enough for Watermelon

Boy was it hot and humid today. UGH. I just kept reminding myself that Hell is hotter LOL. I can't even imagine. Kids were up at the crack of dawn and I was exhausted because my DH had talked my ear off the night before. He is too much but I sure love him.
We did some food shopping and got laundry done and cleaned house. This evening we had our new neighbors and some other mutual friends from church over for dinner. We had an awesome time eating and fellow shipping. We are so blessed with our friends!!! I love being around other people who I have a lot in common with. We mesh well and the kids can play together. Mind you, their children were younger but the kids still did fairly well together. It is good for my children to be around the babies to to prepare them for Gracie's arrival.
I was grooving on watermelon today. Man was it good. I also bought some peaches and nectarines and Bing cherries. I love this time of year. I can't wait to eat some yummy Jersey grown tomatoes.

5 comments:

Susan said...

So good to hear God has brought these new friends into your life. Good friends are such a joy.
Susan

Soltana said...

I LOVE watermelon... we had some today too!!! Fruit is always soooo yummy..i love the summer. Are you feeling better??? Have fun in the pool!!! With your decaf tea!! :)

Caroline said...

My son just got a job at a watermelon farm today. He's a stacker. What do you bet that he won't like watermelon so much by the end of the season:)

Crystal said...

Hey you!!!! I am catching up!!! Thank you so much for playing along with the tag!!!! I loved reading yours!!! I love because your hubby calls you sweetness!!! Oh sweet is that?!!!!!! And I love because you used to be Catholic me too!!! I say that I am a RC-- Recovering Catholic!!!!

Jennifer you are awesome!!!! You are Miss Mary Poppins!!! I love that--that was your favorite movie!!!! You are awesome --Hang on I know being pregnant and the heat is hard but you are almost there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs to you my friend hugs!!!!!!!!

Desiree's Daily Life said...

Ummmmm you didn't invite me or Edward!!! I want to come, I love Watermelon and Bing Cherries. Sounds so yummy.