CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Aspergers

Dominic got in big trouble at camp yesterday. With everything that has been happening with him lately and his anger I am worried about what lies ahead. We had gone through such a wonderful lull.
I really need to work with him on his social skills. I will admit he has been dealing with a rough bunch of kids at camp and he wants to fit in so bad. There was a boy that kept cutting in line and Dominic had had enough and decided to spit in the boys face. I was shocked because he had never done that before. I tried to explain to him that he can't take matters into his own hands because then he is the one that will get into trouble. How do you teach a child to stand up for themselves but yet not hurt the other child? He doesn't read social cues very well like most children with Aspergers and I see how it can cause some problems for him. 1st grade should be interesting.

0 comments: